Alphaskin Traxion Football Socks
Flexing its muscle as one of the leading sports brands, adidas has released a line of grip socks called Alphaskin. With a rich history of pioneering technologies in the football boot industry, it's no surprise that some of them have been incorporated to not only produce quality performance football socks but also to complement Adidas' wide array of football boot silos.
Techfit delivers arch and heel compression for a snug fit, while a cool comfort is added through the breathable mesh inserts. The Alphaskin also has a specific left and right designation for a more anatomically shaped pair to further enhance proper fit. The grip is then provided by the Traxion system wherein the heel, forefoot, and lateral are covered by Econyl which is a material used in fishing nets.
5 Things You'll Want to Know About the Alphaskin Socks:
- Similar approach with Nike in that comfort and fit are taken into consideration
- A supportive Techfit provides arch and heel compression for a snug fit
- Also similar to NikeGrip in terms of a tread-like formation with the Traxion system
- Also employs twisting fibres and multiple suface areas/contact points as basis for grip
- A left/right specific designation and Formotion design combine for a more anatomical fit
To save you time, we've combined our own personal opinions of the boots, with those of the most trusted voices on Football Boots online. Below you can find video reviews of the Alphaskin and their key takeaways, so everything you'd want to know about Adidas' football socks is here for you!
Unisporte included Alphaskin in its top grip socks list, they said:
- A nice premium, high quality pair of socks
- Comes in thicker and ultralight variations
- Grip is decent but not earth-shattering
- Feels good on skin with the padding on pressure points and elasticated material
Boothype wrote about Alphaskin on their website, saying:
- Best comfort relative to Trusox and NikeGrip
- Doesn't try to do so much except for guaranteeing comfort
- Lacks the fit issue of Trusox with its compression fit
- The thicker variation and the compression delivers a good combination of lockdown and comfortable plush
- Great value for money
- Could work on enhancing the grip aspect, though Alphaskin does not slip around a lot