Tiempo Legend Elite Review
Nike's Tiempo Legend is their latest leather boot, another innovation on the classic leather football boots. The Legend 8 includes not just flyknit, first seen on the Legend VII, but Quadfit now too, read how this affects the fit and the comfort of pro players favourite leather option and find out if they are right for you.
5 Things You'll Want to Know About the Legend 8:
- A softer and more comfortable Tiempo generation, uses an unstitched, quilted leather
- A quadfit mesh boot, moves, but then locks to prevent overstretching of the leather
- Uses a flyknit tunnel, that allows narrow and wide feet to fit equally well.
- Hyperstabilty soleplate is a tried and tested option for these boots
- New construction gives a more locked in feel, that isn't necessarily the traditional Tiempo feel.
Expert Tiempo Legend Elite Reviews:
To save you time, we've combined our own personal opinions of the boots, with those of the most trusted voices on Football Boots online. Below you can find video reviews of the Tiempo Legend Elite FG and their key takeaways, so everything you'd want to know on the Nike Tiempo Legend is here for you!
Unisport talked about the Under The Radar Tiempo Legend, they said:
- Less free, plush and leather like, instead a lot more restrictive & locked in, so not a Tiempo like we know.
- No foam lining, instead a 3D press has made a diamond shaped pattern in the leather.
- The texture adds friction, grip and control of the ball, but makes the boot feel more rigid, synthetic like
- The Legend 8 has a thin leather upper and gives a soft and comfortable ride
- Old school (leather) meets new school (flyknit) all in the name of comfort.
- Quadfit mesh, wide mesh sleeve, personal comfortable fit, tightens with tension, or when your foot slides around. - more responsive, locked in fit
- No change in outsole, dissappointing nothing happened in two years, it is pretty decent, but it isn't perfect, something could have been improved?
What people said about the new Legend 8 Elite:
- We are still waiting for some feedback before completing the review
- Some players are disappointed at the further move away from a traditional leather boot
- The stitchless quilted diamond pattern on the upper helps keep water and mud from seeping in, due to the lack of perforations of the leather, that you'd get with stitching.
- Online users have called them the merger of the Magista Opus and Phantom Venom
- Some people think they are the creation of a leather collarless Phantom Vision
- Some reviews have suggested they are a like a leather Mercurial Vapor
- Flyknit tongue streches down to insole creating a knitted toe less sock (the flyknit tunnel), that gives you the locked in benefit of knitted boots.