Elite Phantom Vision Review
Nike's Phantom Vision provides a seamless and snug fit while the grippy texture aids passing, striking and touching the ball, a lightweight feel, standard fit width wise. Overall an Elite football boot that is one of the most advanced on the market.
5 Things About the Phantom Vision You'll Want to Know:
I'm Ready to Buy My Phantom Vision
- The Phantom Vision has a Super Grippy Upper material
- They're comfortable to wear, but more of a barefoot feel than padded
- The sock isn't really necessary, but you can't get them without it
- They are hard boots to put on to your feet.
- Most of you will find break-in time for the Phantom Vision Elite to be quick & easy.
Expert Phantom Vision Elite Reviews:
To save you time, we've combined our own personal opinions of the boots, with those of the most trusted voices on Football Boots online. Below you can find video reviews of the Phantom Vision Elite FG and their key takeaways, so everything you'd want to know on the Nike Phantom Vision is here for you!
Unisport tested the Raised on Concrete launch version of the Phantom Vision, they said:
- They have a Super Grippy Touch
- The Vision' Upper material is Comfortable
- You get a Large Striking Zone for hitting the ball
- You'll need A Lot Of Break In Time to have the boot feel comfortable and mould to your foot
- You might find them Hard To Get On
- You'll experience a Sock Like Fit
- You will probably think the collar (sock material) is not needed
SR4U said of the Nike Vision Elite:
- That the QuadFit gives a Good Lockdown and that the Laces Are Needed!
- Easy To Break In/No Stiffness (Unisport disagreed, we find that they are a quick break-in, clearly not for everyone)
- You may find the Lacing Restrictive - You could find it Hard To Lace up the boots
- Tough To Get On - Hardest Nike Boot To Put On
- Super grippy touch - Grippiest Nike upper on market (Like Total 90 Laser IV) - Good in wet weather as well (ACC a gimmick)
- Loose/Sock Like Collar - Relatively redundant and has no structure
- More Barefoot than Plush/Padded Touch
Your Phantom Vision Questions Answered
What size do I go for?
True to size, so you should get your normal size. The Vision fits the same length wise as every other Nike elite level cleat; see our size chart - click here.
Will the Phantom Vision suit my wide feet?
Most likely no, the last (how wide the boot is) has been made slightly more narrow from the now defunct Obra II. The bootie itself only has a little stretch, so probably not the best Nike boot for your wide feet.
Is their a kids Phantom Vision version?
Yes, a children's version is available in the Elite, Acadmey and Pro versions. The kids Elite Phantom Vision matches much of the adult version, with minor aspects missing from the Adults.
Are the Phantom Vision laceless?
No, they have laces! They feature what Nike call Ghost Laces and it's designed to provide a cleaner and larger striking surface with the laces hidden underneath a piece of material.
Are they comfortable?
Yes, the QuadFit mesh bootie provides a very soft and seamless fit inside these boots while the Dynamic Fit Collar & FlyKnit upper wrap the foot nicely as well.
What is QuadFit?
An internal sock/bootie that wraps your foot providing a very snug feel from heel to toe.
Is there a low cut Nike Vision?
No, at this stage there will just be the version with the sock available across the Vision range.
How are they different to it's predecessor, the Magista Obra II?
The Phantom Vision has removed a lot of "bulk" from what we saw on the Obra II and now uses thinner upper materials for a more "barefoot" touch on the ball. Your touch will be much grippier, the studs are more agrressive for slightly more responsiveness and the Ghost Lacing system will definitely be the hardest thing to adapt to.
What are these Phantom Vision Elite similar to?
From other Nike boots, you can compare them to the Mercurial Superfly range and from adidas their X18, Nemeziz 18 and Messi Nemeziz boot options.
Are these a Nike copy of the adidas X18 or Glitch?
No whilst they are similar in design & concept, the Vision has a thinner and gripper upper and also has adjustable lacing to perfect your fit
Can I wear the Vision on AG or Artificial Turf/Grass?
Yes you can, but make sure to buy a specific AG-Pro soleplate, as the standard firm ground (FG) soleplate is suited to grass pitches, the stud pattern is too aggressive for artificial grass where they studs could get caught.
Are they lightweight?
Relatively, they aren't as light as a Mercurial but they're not too bad - 220g or 7.7oz (Same As the Magista Obra)
Who's going to be wearing them?
Marketed as a control boot, Nike have made Kevin De Bruyne their headline athlete in the Phantom boot. Other key players include Philippe Coutinho, Sergio Busquets and Samuel Umtiti.
Enjoyed this review? If you want to read more check out these: