Mercurial Dream Speed Review
#002 Lemon Venom & #001 - Blue Void
The Mercurial Dreamspeed comes in a range of options with one to suit everyone and their game:
I'm Ready to Buy MDS 001
- Elite, Pro, Academy and Club options ranging in quality and price
- FG (Firm Ground), AG (Artificial Grass), IN (Indoor) and TF (turf) for all pitches
- Adults and kids Elite and Academy versions in a variety of sizes
- Mercurial Superfly 7 and Vapor 13 with or without the sock collar as you wish
Expert Dream Speed Review:
Our review is of the Elite Superfly and Vapor models and we discuss the differences between these, the Elite, Pro, Academy and Club versions, the Adults and Kids (Jr.) as well as the variety of soles for different pitches.
- Good lockdown thanks to with a soft, plyable upper with a tight fit
- You can comfortably go true to size with MDS
- Something a bit with reflective logos and laces
- Slightly longer studs than on the Superfly 6
- As worn by Cristinao Ronaldo, Kylian Mbappe & Sam Kerr
- Only difference between Superfly & Vapor 13 is the sock collar
- Those with wide feet may need a half size up
- Unlike standard Superfly 7, boot includes ACC logos
- Aerotrak soleplate designed to add spring, gets stiffer as bent
- Has a traditional Mercurial fit & feel like a Vapor XI or Superfly V
Your Mercurial Dream Speed #001 Options:
Superfly Elite FG
Adult Elite Superfly, Lemon Venom boot worn by CR7, Mbappe & Kerr.
Vapor 13 Elite FG
No collar on the Vapor version, with design matching the Superfly Dream Speed 2.
Artifical Pitch Superfly Dream Speed 2
Designed for use on 3G & 4G turf pitches and artificial grass.
Jr. Superfly Dream Speed 2
Kids version of the Dream Speed 2, designed to look like those worn by Cristiano, Kylian & Sam's boots.
Superfly Elite FG
Adult Elite Superfly, Blue Void the same exact boot as worn by Cristiano Ronaldo, Kylian Mbappe and Sam Kerr.
Adult Vapor 13 Elite FG
Superior quality like the Superfly Elite, only difference is the lower collar, Vapors are worn by Neymar, Hazard etc. these are designed to match the #001.
Adult Superfly 7 Elite AG-Pro
Top level Elite Superfly designed for Artificial grass pitches and 3G/4G Turf.
Artificial Grass Vapor 13 AG-Pro Elite
AG-Pro Vapor Elite for 3G/4G turf fields and artificial grass pitches
Answering Your Mercurial Dream Speed Questions
What size MDS should I pick?
For most boots in the Mercurial Dream Speed range and most players, you are wanting to go for true to size, only if you have really wide feet would you consider a half a size up.
Does the MDS 001 suit wide feet?
Not really, you'll have to go half a size up to accomodate them, whilst you might the look of the boots, they aren't going to fit you as well as some other options on the market, for good boots you have to take fit over looks.
Is the MDS 001 available in Children's sizes?
Yes the entire Mercurial Dream Speed line has kids options, look for the Jr. models, you can get Elite Superfly if you want a pro option, or look to the academy and club options, for the Ronaldo and Mbappe look without the price tag!
Does the Dream Speed have a sock collar?
That'll be up to you, as you can pick the Superfly variants if you want the dynamic fit sock collar, or the Vapor version which are just the same, just lacking that bit of material and a slightly cheaper price too, so go with what you prefer.
Can I wear these on Muddy Pitches, 3G or Turf?
It doesn't seem a soft ground option has been released as yet, but you can use them on 3G/4G with the AG-PRo soleplate and on grass with the standard FG, there are also turf specific options and indoor too.
Who's wears the Mercurial Dream Speed?
Created to Cristiano Ronaldo's specifications like his previous signature editions, these are also worn by Kylian Mbappe and Sam Kerr, as were the LVL up release earlier in 2019.
Enjoyed this review? If you want to read more check out these: